Frederick is 6 months old. He is getting so big! I just love him so much. He's such a sweet, happy baby. He's easy to please - all I have to do is smile at him and he's instantly in a good mood. He loves people and I think he's unusually interactive and social. Lots of people comment on the level of interest he has in other people. I'm positive he's an extrovert! He's finally sleeping better in the night (last night he slept for 10 whole hours - oh heaven!) and he takes a couple of two or three hour naps a day. I just love my sweet Freddie!
- constantly happy and social. If he's not in the line of vision of other people he squawks until someone comes to smile at him and then he's delighted. Kicking his baby feet in happiness is not uncommon.
- is crawling. Well, army crawling but he's pretty close to getting up on all fours and doing it.
- won't sit up. I think he probably can but he's much more interested in crawling so whenever I try to sit him up he folds in half and gets into crawling position.
- he's not fond of solid food quite yet. I started giving him some food when we were in Arizona a few weeks ago and he gobbled it up. Then when we came back to San Diego he doesn't like it anymore. I mean, he gags over apples and pears! Wha?
- loves his brother a lot! William is his favorite person to be around and they have a great time laughing and even wrestling. I have to remind William to be gentle but I have a feeling Fritz is going to be able to hold his own sooner than I think!
- weight: 16 pounds 14 ounces (37%) - I was kind of worried about this but my pediatrician pointed out that he's burning a lot of calories with how active he is. It's very true but he's still kinda skinny. I guess I don't make fat babies, just tall ones.
- height: 28 inches (97%) - no surprise there.
- head: 17 inches (45%)